The Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy (IARCA) is a 501(c)(4) IRS classified nonprofit Association of concerned agencies who not only care for children and families, but also care about them. Founded in 1944, IARCA has made a commitment to service by bringing together a diverse group of providers into a cohesive organization, committed to the provision of quality services so that these children and families may lead healthy and productive lives in our communities.
IARCA represents approximately 90 member agencies in Indiana providing a broad array of services, including residential care, foster care, transitional/independent living, home-based services, shelter care and crisis stabilization. Our member agencies continually reflect their dedication and support to children and family services through their ongoing participation in IARCA-sponsored activities.
In 1999, IARCA developed the IARCA Institute for Excellence, a 501(c)(3) IRS classified corporation. The Institute is a public benefit corporation that was organized and operated exclusively to benefit, perform, and carry out the exclusively public, charitable, scientific, educational, and other purposes of IARCA. In carrying out such responsibilities the Institute may only engage in activities that provide training opportunities and related services that enhance and improve the ability of members of IARCA, the supported organization, to serve the needs of women, children, and families; assist IARCA in raising funds and support that can be used to accomplish the association’s charitable and educational purposes related to the needs of children and families; and accomplishing such goals that are consistent with the purposes set forth by IARCA.
- We believe in the inherent worth and potential of children and families.
- We believe in a safe and nurturing environment for children and families.
- We believe that quality leadership by children and family service agencies is essential in a society that needs to be sensitive to children and families.
- We believe in a full spectrum of quality treatment services for children and families, including prevention, early intervention, out-of-home care, and aftercare.
- We believe in working collectively and collaboratively both inside and outside the Association and in the value of cultural and philosophical diversity.
- We believe in adequate resources as a public priority and in the value of the public/private partnership to meet the needs of children and families.
- To promote and advocate for improved care and treatment of children and families.
- To improve communication and understanding among agencies providing children and family services.
- To improve communication and understanding between providers of children and family services and state regulatory authorities.
- To furnish information and education to the professional, legislative and lay communities regarding agencies who provide children and family services.
- To provide training and education to the staff of children and family service agencies.
- To promote the most effective care and treatment possible in children and family service agencies.
The mission of the Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy (IARCA) is to promote cooperation, communication, development and mutual support among organizations and systems providing services to children and their families, and to advocate for the establishment and maintenance of the highest quality, most effective, and most appropriate services possible to children and their families.
The Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy (IARCA) is dedicated to helping members to ensure that every child lives successfully in a home.