Midwest Center for Youth & Families offers specialized residential treatment for children and adolescents with complex mental illnesses. Conditions we treat include (but are not limited to) bipolar disorder, borderline features, depression, severe ADHD, suicidal and self-harming behaviors as well as the long term effects of low self-esteem.
We serve males 12–18 and females 10–18. Our locked and secure therapeutic residential units are separated by age and gender. Our goal is to utilize our experience, knowledge and DBT treatment skills to help each of our residents identify who they are and where they want to be on their journey to recovery when they leave our facility.
We hire and train highly accomplished professionals who bring a wide variety of skills and experiences to our residential DBT treatment programs in Kouts and Valparaiso, Indiana. If you’re looking for an opportunity to build a career of your dreams and join a team of professionals passionate about helping young patients, the Midwest Center for Youth & Families may be the place for you.
Midwest Center for Youth and Families offers healthcare, life insurance and disability benefits to help meet the needs of employees and their families. As our employee, you may be eligible to choose from a comprehensive list of benefits and select those that best meet the needs of you and your family.
Among the benefits available to eligible employees are:
Insurance & Income Protection
Retirement & Savings
Flexible Spending Accounts
We are hiring BSWs a Behavioral Health Workers in Kouts, Indiana
Salary range: We offer competitive compensation
Start date: Positions available now
Travel expectations: 0 – 10%
Work Hours: BHW, 7a – 3p, 3p – 11p, 11p – 7a
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt
Responsible to: Staff Supervisor
The Behavioral Health Worker carries out the daily routines of patient care under the direction of his/her supervisor. Participates in patient activities and provides for patient safety.
- Actively supports, promotes and works to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Values of the Midwest Center for Youth and Families.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Actively promotes customer service throughout Midwest Center for Youth and Families by practicing team building.
- Meets all competency requirements annually.
- Demonstrates commitment to Service Excellence program.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists in the ongoing assessment of the safety and emotional needs of each patient.
- Demonstrates awareness of the key elements of the treatment plans for all assigned patients.
- Implements identified interventions to provide quality patient care to assigned patients based on age and developmental stage.
- Participates in assigned groups/activities to meet the needs of various patient populations and/or diagnostic groups.
- Maintains professional standards of preparation, performance, and attitude.
- Follows unit programming.
- Completes documentation as required.
- Assists in transportation of patients to scheduled appointments/outings.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of the units.
- Maintains patient charts.
- Processes paperwork as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, Experience, Licensure and Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma required; BSW preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid, and crisis intervention training required.
Physical Demands of the Job
Physically and mentally demanding, with prolonged, extensive, or considerable sitting, standing and walking. May include turning, lifting, and carrying patients.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Must handle emergencies or crisis situations.
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances.
- Ability to lift 0-10 lbs. Materials may include but are not limited to minor office equipment, files, computer paper, and supplies. May include turning, lifting, and carrying patients.
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements of the performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.