Bashor Children’s Home is a mission driven organization passionately supporting children being raised by healthy families in the community, one that is committed to inspiring others through innovate service. We are a residential treatment facility for at risk youth, ranging in ages from 10-17 who tend to spend an average time of 6 to 9 months with us.
Check us out on Facebook.
General employee benefits:
- Health care-Medical and Dental
- Time off
- Tuition reimbursement (if available)
- Retirement contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
High School Diploma/Equivalency positions:
Bachelor’s Degree positions:
- Family Service Coordinator (Elkhart County)
Start date: Positions open now; expansion complete this summer more positions being added in preparation estimated timeline May-June.
Job Description: Bashor Children's Home is seeking dynamic and energetic people to join an exceptional team of professional youth care workers in the emergency shelter and residential treatment program as a Youth Care Worker. Come join our team and make a difference in the lives of kids and their families.
This position is ideal for those who:
- Want experience working directly with troubled or traumatized youth aged 8 to 18.
- Have a passion for helping youth and teens.
- Are driven to help kids overcome homelessness.
- Have an interest in learning more about trauma informed care, substance abuse treatment, skills training, and positive reinforcement techniques.
- Are looking for experience before applying to an MSW or counseling program, or the police academy.
- Are pursuing or considering a degree in criminal justice, social work, psychology, or human services.
- Have an interest in physical fitness, coaching, and mentoring.
- Have a reputation for being positive, strengths based, and solutions focused.
- Have an ability to build morale and to aid in the development of a healthy team.
- Like to wear Jeans to work.
- Want to feel like you are making a difference in the world.
- Are looking for a job that can turn into a career. (PRN positions regularly turn into full time positions for talented and hard working team members.)
- 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (Preference and salary adjustment for those possessing or in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree.)
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Agency requirements.
- A pre-employment background check as well as a physical exam and drug test will be required, including a TB test.
Travel expectations: no travel
Work Hours: set
- First shift (Full-time) 6:00am-2:30pm
- Second shift (Full-time) 1:30p-10:00p
- Third shift (Full-time) 10:00p-6:00a
Candidate Qualifications: Entry Level-Incentives for experience and Education
Salary range: $13.50 -$15 per hour depending upon degree and licensure. $1.36 and full benefits after 90 days.
Start date(s): Positions open now
Licensure: Can start with pending temporary license application.
- Engage with youth and families before discharge from Residential.
- Cooperate with treatment team to ensure successful transition to Aftercare.
- Provide exceptional case management services for youth in Bashor’s Aftercare Program.
- Support implementation of FFPSA.
- Lead Child and Family Team Meetings with multidisciplinary team.
- Co-facilitate Seven Challenges groups on Wednesday evenings.
- Provide in home case management when warranted.
- Saturday evening campus support responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Evidence Based Practices.
Work Hours: The general schedule is Tuesday through Saturday (with Wednesday and Saturday late nights), but flexibility is expected based on the needs of clients.
- A bachelor’s degree in a human services field. (Preference for those possessing or working toward a master’s degree.)
- A high level of professional integrity and experience. Ideally, he or she will have experience working directly with clients and/or experience with case management.
- A reputation for being positive, strengths based, and solutions focused.
- An ability to build morale and to aid in the development of a healthy team.
- A reputation for adherence to policies and procedures.
- An ability to complete tasks in a timely and thorough manner, and an ability to write well.